Anomaly Classification System (ACS) Guide


rating: +690+x

Anomaly Classification System (ACS) Guide


What is ACS?

ACS is a new classification system that adds further depth to the already existing Object Class system. It is not intended to replace the current Object Class system. It is only meant to enhance it.

Credits

The Anomaly Classification System was created by WoedenazWoedenaz with a massive amount of assistance by: The Great HippoThe Great Hippo | RounderhouseRounderhouse | djkaktusdjkaktus | YossipossiYossipossi | Captain KirbyCaptain Kirby | CadaverCommanderCadaverCommander | Uncle NicoliniUncle Nicolini | aismallardaismallard | Jade SkylarJade Skylar | Lt FlopsLt Flops | Sterbai Sterbai

*This is (mostly) auto-generated by a tool that reads every SCP and attempts to find every page that currently uses ACS, regardless of whether or not it uses the ACS Component Bar.

If you have a page using ACS that is not included below, please let WoedenazWoedenaz know!

UP TO DATE AS OF: 10/04/2023

SORRY!

The ACS Database is only available on desktop

it could probably work on mobile but it's just far to janky.
go to a desktop if you'd like to view :]

EXAMPLES

ACS Bar Example

Item#: 2105
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice

See here for more about the Hybrid and Text ACS Component

Hybrid Example

Link To Guide
Item#:2105
Clearance Level 2: Clearance
Containment Class: euclid
euclid-icon.svg
Secondary Class: apollyon
apollyon-icon.svg
Disruption Class: #/vlam
vlam-icon.svg
Risk Class: #/notice
notice-icon.svg

Textual Example

Link To Guide
Item#:2105
Clearance Level 2: Clearance
Containment Class: euclid
euclid-icon.svg
Secondary Class: apollyon
{$secondary-icon}
Disruption Class: #/vlam
vlam-icon.svg
Risk Class: #/notice
notice-icon.svg

Barebones Example

Item #: SCP-4205
Clearance Level 2: Restricted

Object Class: Euclid
Disruption Class: 2/Vlam
Risk Class: 1/Notice


The classifications that ACS uses are as follows:

Clearance Level
This is an adaptation of the already existing Clearance Levels. A number of modifications that will be described below. Clearance Levels refers to the level of an employee that is given permission to read the information contained within the document.
Containment Class

This is the same as the classic "Object Class." It is renamed in order to more clearly convey what the classification refers to: Containment. This is the "Contain" part of "Secure, Contain, Protect."

Disruption Class

This is one of the new classes invented for this Classification System. Disruption Class refers to an anomaly's ability to disturb the status quo and/or break the veil. This is the "Secure" part of "Secure, Contain, Protect."

When considering the Disruption Class of an object, ask yourself these questions:

  1. How swiftly will the influence of the anomaly spread?
  2. How far will it spread if left unchecked?
  3. How easily can The Foundation neutralize its effects?
Risk Class

This is one of the new classes invented for this Classification System. Risk Class refers to the severity of an anomaly's effects on an individual person and how easily one can recover from it. This is the "Protect" part of "Secure, Contain, Protect."

When considering the Risk Class of an object, ask yourself these questions:

  1. How easily can individuals recover, if at all?
  2. How severe are the effects?
  3. At what proximity do these effects start being noticed?
Secondary Class

This is an optional new class used, but not invented, for this classification system. The Secondary Class can also be known as the "Esoteric Class."

It uses the already known Esoteric Classes, which you can find a list of here.

It is standard for the Containment Class to be set to "Esoteric" when utilizing a Secondary Class, but this is not required.

Detailed Descriptions

Clearance Level

Clearance Levels are the primary section of this Classification System that depends largely on the headcanon of the author and the reader. The descriptions below refer to a specific way that The Foundation is run and that may not be inline with your view of The Foundation, and that's okay! Just use these as a general guideline and adapt as you see fit.

Level 1: Unrestricted (UR)
This document is available to all Foundation employees. If someone gets a regular paycheck from The Foundation, they can see this document.
Level 2: Restricted (RS)

This document is available to the majority of employees upon request. If the employee has a subordinate, then they are already granted Level 2 access. If an employee does not have any subordinates, then they must request access to the document from their supervisor.

Level 3: Confidential (CF)

This document is available to the minority of employees. The primary administrative staff of a Site will have Level 3 access. If an employee has a subordinate but does not have Level 3 access, they must request access to the document from their site administrative staff. If an employee does not have a subordinate, they must request access from their supervisor who will then request access from the site administrative staff.

Level 4: Secret (SC)

This document is ONLY available to site and Foundation administrative staff. Access to employees without Level 4 access will, generally, be declined and only approved for very specific purposes.

Level 5: Top Secret (TS)

This document is ONLY available to the highest Foundation Administrative Staff, such as the Ethics Committee or the O5 Council. Anyone without Level 5 access will always be denied.

Level 6: Cosmic Top Secret (CTS)1

This document is ONLY available to a member of the O5 Council. All access to this document is granted solely at the discretion of an O5 Council member.

Containment Class

Refer to the Object Class page here.

NOTE: Under ACS, Thaumiel is considered a secondary class not a Containment Class.

Containment Class Options

safe-icon.svg
safe
euclid-icon.svg
euclid
keter-icon.svg
keter
neutralized-icon.svg
neutralized
pending-icon.svg
pending
explained-icon.svg
explained
esoteric-icon.svg
esoteric

Secondary Class

Refer to the Esoteric Class page here.

NOTE: Under ACS, Thaumiel is considered a secondary class not a Containment Class.

Secondary Class Options

Not all Secondary Class options are listed here, these are only the options of which Icons have been created. Please refer to the Esoteric Class page. to see all Secondary Class options.

apollyon-icon.svg
apollyon
archon-icon.svg
archon
cernunnos-icon.svg
cernunnos
decommissioned-icon.svg
decommissioned
hiemal-icon.svg
hiemal
tiamat-icon.svg
tiamat
ticonderoga-icon.svg
ticonderoga
thaumiel-icon.svg
thaumiel
uncontained-icon.svg
uncontained

Disruption Class Options2

dark-icon.svg
dark
vlam-icon.svg
vlam
keneq-icon.svg
keneq
ekhi-icon.svg
ekhi
amida-icon.svg
amida
Dark3
The known or potential disruption is so low as to not be a concern.

The object is essentially inert when not interacted with and may potentially only affect a single individual.

The Foundation would find it trivial to clean up after it.
Vlam4

The known or potential disruption would be localized to a small handful of people.

The anomalous effects certainly do affect multiple people, but it would not extend very far.

The Foundation would find it relatively simple to neutralize its effects.

Keneq5

The known or potential disruption would be extended to a number of people roughly defined as a city.

The anomalous effects could spread with fairly significant speed, fast enough as to cause concern.

The Foundation would find it moderately difficult to neutralize its effects.

Ekhi6

The known disruption would extend to roughly the size of a large metropolitan area to an entire country. The potential disruption could extend to the entire known world.

The spread would be swift and difficult to manage.

The Foundation would find it quite difficult to neutralize its effects.

Amida7

This Disruption Class should be reserved for special circumstances when The Foundation is essentially "declaring war" on an anomaly. When an anomaly poses such a dire threat to the status quo and The Foundation's veil that there is no other option than to use all possible options in order to Neutralize it.

The effects of an Amida anomaly would extend to the entire known world and possibly the entire universe.

Risk Class Options

notice-icon.svg
notice
caution-icon.svg
caution
warning-icon.svg
warning
danger-icon.svg
danger
critical-icon.svg
critical
Notice
The anomalous effects of the object are nearly non-existent to mild.

An individual within close proximity of the object would not feel anything as a result of the object.

It poses no danger to any individual nearby.
Caution

The anomalous effects of the object are mild to moderate.

An individual within close proximity of the object may feel mild effects from the anomalous object.

It poses mild danger to any individual nearby.

Warning

The anomalous effect of the object are moderate to significant.

An individual within close proximity of the object will feel mild effects or may feel major effects from the anomalous object.

It poses moderate danger to any individual nearby.

Danger

The anomalous effect of the object are significant to extreme.

An individual within close proximity of the object will feel major effects or may feel extreme effects from the anomalous object.

It poses significant danger to any individual nearby.

Critical

This Risk Class should only be chosen when the object's effects will be near instant and/or extremely severe.

It does not, necessarily, need to cause actual death, but death is incredibly likely and expected. Any individual nearby will feel the effects near instantly and the possibility of recovery is impossible.

ACS Addons & Extras

ACS Alternates & Modifications

Flops Header Template

by Lt FlopsLt Flops


ITEM:SCP-4205 LEVEL2/4205
CLASS:euclid secret

DISRUPTION CLASS: vlam

Advanced Information Methodology (AIM) Component

by Dr MonedDr Moned


ITEM #: SCP-4205

LEVEL-

CONTAINMENT CLASS: EUCLID

DISRUPTION CLASS: Vlam


Assigned Site


Site-0

Site Director


Dr Woed

Research Head


Dr Naz

Assigned MTF


Alpha-80085

ITEM: SCP-4205

LEVEL-

CONTAINMENT
CLASS:
EUCLID

DISRUPTION
CLASS:
Vlam


Assigned Site


Site-0

Site Director


Dr Woed

Research Head


Dr Naz

Assigned MTF


Alpha-80085

ACS Splitter

by PeppersGhostPeppersGhost


peppo-splitter-example.png

ACS Animation

by EstrellaYoshteEstrellaYoshte


ACSAnimVid.webp
Hover to view!

Mega Cool Customizable ACS Add-On Ver. 1.8.0

by CaliboldCalibold


Item#: SCP-5956
Level5
Containment Class:
antithesis
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
caution
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License