SCP-2238
rating: +150+x

Item #: SCP-2238

Object Class: Safe Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation personnel are to monitor all local television broadcasts at all times. If an SCP-2238-A instance is reported to have occurred, Foundation personnel are to record said instance for the purpose of record keeping. Additionally, all civilians involved1 will be detained by Foundation personnel and released if they are found to have no involvement with the SCP-2238 phenomenon and are to undergo Class-A amnestics.

levi.png

Screen shot of SCP-2238-A-14

Description: SCP-2238 is the official designation of an anomalous phenomenon primarily affecting television broadcast stations in the Southern United States, manifesting itself as a series of historical documentaries within the affected area. This phenomenon affects specific time slots within the affected region by 'hijacking' local TV transmitters through a currently unknown method.

The main broadcast intrusion occurs during the airing of historical documentaries. The types of documentary that SCP-2238 affects are primarily made by European or American filmmakers, specifically those that focus on the First and Second World War, although it has been reported that SCP-2238 will affect others that do not fall into this category.

During an intrusion, SCP-2238 will play a similar documentary to the one being interrupted. This documentary, now known as SCP-2238-A, will have several deviations from the original, such as different events, different historians, and actors used in the documentary.2 The amount of deviations from the original vary between each instances of SCP-2238-A. Currently, there are twenty-two instances of SCP-2238-A.3

The first reported SCP-2238 event was on 5-12-1992, when a civilian reported to a local broadcasting service about the inaccuracies of the documentary Napoleon: Man Of Power4 in [REDACTED], Alabama. The documentary discusses the effects of Napoleon Bonaparte's annexation of Russia and over a majority of the Eurasian continent.

Addendum-2238.1
Foundation scientists and analysts have compiled a full timeline of events from all twenty-two instances of SCP-2238-A.


Little information is known about this world post 1946.

Addendum-2238.2

On 1-23-2000, SCP-2238 affected the city of [REDACTED], Louisiana, broadcasting a documentary entitled How They Hid In The Darkness5, which describes a X-Class 'Lift of the Veil' scenario of the Foundation due to increasing tensions between the Foundation and the Global Occult Coalition, specifically on an event that occurred 12-21-1991. It also focuses on how the Foundation adapts to a scenario.

Due to an error in the Binah Pattern Recognition System6, the Foundation accidentally attacked a GOC base, ending in the death of over 3,000 GOC personnel. This event escalated tensions between the Foundation and the Coalition, causing an event called the 'GOC-Foundation War' that lasted three years.

The contents of the documentary includes footage of Foundation agents locating, capturing, and containing several anomalous objects and entities. It includes interviews with Foundation personnel and sapient entities, including an interview with O5-12. The following is an incomplete list of incidents, objects, personnel, and members of GoIs that appear in the documentary:

  • SCP-1892 (Containment)
  • SCP-1938 (Containment)
  • SCP-044 (Recovery)
  • SCP-2453 (Containment)
  • [REDACTED] (Interview)
  • Dr. Mann (Interview)
  • D-2134122 (Interview)
  • O5-12 (Interview)
  • SCP-2273 (Interview)
  • Member of GoI-58697 (Interview)
  • Object referred to as 'SCP-████'8 (Containment)
  • Incident 083-D/Kondraki9 (Footage)
  • Footage of O5-1, O5-2, O5-6, O5-7, and O5-12 during their first meeting (Circa 1912)
  • SCP-████10

Following this incident, the entire county of [REDACTED] was given Class-A amnestics over the course of five days, the elimination of all recordings of SCP-2238-A-23, and the detainment of over ████ staff members involved in the film11. All personnel involved with How They Hid In The Darkness deny any involvement with the documentary.

Addendum-2238.3
The following is a series of transcripts from the documentary How They Hid In The Darkness.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License