SCP-2612
rating: +220+x
snowdonk.jpg

SCP-2612-1 and SCP-2612-2.

Item #: SCP-2612

Object Class: Keter Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Under no circumstances is SCP-2612 to drop The Load. All resources of Site-125 are dedicated to ensuring SCP-2612 receives no sabotage in its carrying of The Load.

All SCP operatives assigned to any Group of Interest are to be briefed on The Load and are to be on specific lookout for any references to The Load, The Weight, or The Burden. Containment Task Force A-17 (“God's Pallbearers”) are to be on constant standby for any attempted breach of Site-125.

All personnel posted to Site-125 are to immediately notify a superior if they begin to perceive anomalous voices.

SCP-2612 is to be housed in a Level-3 Incorporeal Entity Containment Cell guarded by at least three armed guards at a time. No contact is to be made with SCP-2612. No testing is to be performed on SCP-2612. SCP-2612 must never drop The Load.

SCP-2612-1 and SCP-2612-2 are to be held in two separated medium-sized lockers in Site-102's Safe Item Containment Wing. Due to their effects, the objects are not to be removed from the lockers for testing at any time.

Description: SCP-2612 is an entity which carries The Load. If SCP-2612 is disturbed, it is in danger of “dropping The Load,” or more specifically [DATA EXPUNGED]. Dropping The Load will result in a ZK-Class End of Reality scenario.

SCP-2612 is capable of telepathic communication which consists mostly of requests to drop The Load. The object is currently thought to be unknown to any Group of Interest, but it is a top priority that none become aware of SCP-2612 and its Load.

The Load is theorized to be [DATA EXPUNGED].

It is unclear how SCP-2612 became the entity responsible for The Load, or if SCP-2612 itself is merely a mechanism by which The Load is thereby carried and is thus inextricable from it. The connection between The Load and the fabric of reality is currently unknown.

SCP-2612 is the shared designation given to SCP-2612-1 and SCP-2612-2. SCP-2612-1 is an extremely worn lawn ornament style statue of a donkey, composed of plaster and metal for the “skeleton.” SCP-2612-2 is a yellow cart with two metal poles which are connected at the ends by a chain. SCP-2612-2 is filled with dirt and once contained flowers, acting as a planter. By themselves, SCP-2612-1 and SCP-2612-2 merely elicit a feeling of general unease and disquiet.

The main anomaly associated with SCP-2612 is set into motion when the objects are brought together. When the chain holding the two poles of SCP-2612-2 is brought against the back of SCP-2612-1, thus making it look as though the latter is pulling the former, a strong desire to keep the two objects together threatens all observers of the object, past and present. This includes changing details of acquisition to better facilitate reasons to keep the objects together. Due to this effect, the events of SCP-2612's acquisition from a suburb of Cleveland, OH were initially scrubbed from the memory of the containment team, building up a mythology of the object bearing “the weight of the world.”

When reversing the effects of SCP-2612, it was deemed necessary to administer Class-B amnestics to the entire former containment team due to exposure. Since Site-125 had been built primarily to house SCP-2612, the site was remodeled to fit a separate Keter-class object with a separate containment team. Containment was continued at Site-102, due to the low priority of the object's true strategic importance.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License