SCP-6058
6058

SCP-6058

Item #: SCP-6058

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6058 is stored in a modified anomalous item locker at Site-07. Testing is forbidden.

Description: SCP-6058 is a mechanical device capable of producing live specimens of any lifeform, extinct or otherwise, when provided with a valid sample of said lifeform's DNA.

The rate at which SCP-6058 performs this function is variable, and believed to be dependent on the size of the organism in question. Once completed, SCP-6058 will expel its reproduction through a metal shaft at the base of the object. Further attempts to analyze the interior structure of SCP-6058 have resulted in failure.

Experimentation Log:

Test # Subject Result
1 Chicken feather SCP-6058 produced a rooster.
2 1 ounce of pork SCP-6058 produced a pig.
3 Tarantula leg SCP-6058 produced a tarantula.
4 Tarantula cadaver SCP-6058 produced a tarantula.
5 2 tarantula cadavers SCP-6058 produced two tarantulas.
[72 LINES OMITTED]
78 Mammoth fossil SCP-6058 appeared to strain for approximately eight hours, before producing what was later determined to be a deceased wooly mammoth calf. Cause of death ruled as asphyxiation.
79 Velociraptor fossil SCP-6058 rejects the material and fails to function, with subsequent experiments delivering similar results. Further investigation pending.
80 300,000 year old human bone fragment See addendum.

Addendum: Over the course of Test 80, SCP-6058 strained for approximately 48 hours before dispensing a small piece of parchment from its ejection shaft and temporarily ceasing to function. The object read as follows:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License